Passenger and driver safety is vitally important to minicabit. We have spent the Covid-19 lockdown period running a charity scheme for free cab travel for NHS staff, raising over £250k and enabling over 3,200 NHS key workers to safely reach hospitals, hospices and mental health centres UK wide.
In line with the latest Government guidelines surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19), we are requesting both customers and our Cab providers to take certain precautions to protect yourselves and their drivers :
- Passengers and drivers must wear a mask at all times during the journey as it is now mandatory to do so. You can see guidelines here.
- Passengers should sit in the back of the vehicle.
- Drivers should keep some hand-sanitiser and fresh tissues in the car at all times and offer these to customers. This should be done before and after every journey. Drivers should also use these tissues to catch coughs and sneezes, disposing of them as soon as possible.
- Drivers should keep their vehicles clean to reduce the impact of the virus. Regularly clean surfaces such as card payment devices, steering wheels, handbrake, and door handles with normal cleaning products. This should be done at the beginning, middle, and end of every shift.
- Everyone should wash hands frequently with soap and water (drivers can keep a bottle of water and soap in their vehicles) or use a hand sanitiser. Do this for at least 20 seconds. Sanitiser gel should be a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Drivers should ask customers for permission before handling their luggage and before helping them get into the vehicle. The customer may be avoiding contact to protect themselves and the more vulnerable
- Unless the customer requests otherwise, keep a window slightly open to allow for ventilation. This can be especially important for longer journeys
- If ever drivers typically come to their cab office in between bookings, they should be asked to stay away to minimise contact with their office staff
- Keep following government advice surrounding the outbreak which you can access here.
- Rating your trip. After every completed trip the customer receives a email and text asking them to rate their experience. We have updated this to allow the customer to give direct feedback on whether the driver was following the COVID guidelines as outlined below.